Saturday, October 5, 2024

Adorable Size Round Japanese Rice Bag (Free Pattern & YouTube Tutorial by Liz)

Last month I made a traditional square Japanese Rice bag that I shared here. Shortly after I made it, Liz (of Moments by Liz), came out with a round Rice Bag in 4 sizes. She named the sizes: Too Cute, Adorable, Just Right & Kitchen Sink. The round bottom templates are free and the Video YouTube tutorial is free too (scroll down to very end for link). When you click on Liz's YouTube at the end of this post, you will find the link to her free pattern for the round bottoms and the rest is cut from measurements using a ruler and rotary cutter. 

Here is my Adorable size round rice bag. It is a pretty cute size, but Too Cute is even smaller. Also, Liz has measurements for making the accent base or using just one fabric, so they are both in her pdf. And, she shows you how to make the tulips ends to cover the knots in the cording if you want to do that. I did not do that with mine though.

The traditional square Rice Bag I made recently, I chose some sewing theme fabric in a different print and color. So I decided to stay with the sewing theme and chose this print for the round bag. I quilted the exterior and the bottom of the bag.

looking down into the bag
The lining fabric is also  sewing theme print with scissors, needle and thread.

Here she is with the drawstrings closed. I again made my drawstrings in Kumihimo (Japanese braiding) for this bag as I did for the square rice bag.

drawstrings closed
This time I made the tabs for the drawstring out of the same cotton pink fabric as the accent and bottom
 of the bag.

quilted bottom of bag
Quilted bottom of the bag.

drawstrings closed view from top of bag
Closed view from above.

vinyl cord stops I made
I made my cord stops out of vinyl. You can buy plastic cord stops or use beads, but both of those need to have large enough openings to fit the cording. Or you could knot the 2 cords together if your cords are long enough to do that. I chose to use wrap my cords together with an elastic hair tie.

Have you ever made a square or a round Rice Bag? Do you have a preference as to round or square? I think I am more partial to the square traditional rice bags, but the round ones are fun too. I suppose it depends on what you will put inside the bag that really matters and the size of bag that you need for your item(s) that you are carrying. I doubt anyone is carrying rice anymore, but you never know. I think I will make some more square rice bags to put my machine pedal and cords in. I will make a name for each bag too so I know which pedal and cord goes to which machine. Now to decide on the right size bag to make. I need one a bit smaller than the last square rice bag I made. 

Happy Rice Bag Making!


Free YouTube tutorial from Moments by Liz~

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...