Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Sew Powerful Purse #183 (2024)

Another Happy Scrappy Batik Flappy purse to donate to Sew Powerful. I love using scraps, especially batik fabric scraps to make the purse flaps for these purses. I even stitched a decorative stitch on the webbing strap in variegated purple thread. A few buttons for bling and this purse is all ready for one sweet girl in Zambia to receive. The purse will be filled with her monthly hygiene items so she can attend school all year and not miss any school days. It takes $10 to fill the purse with the items the girls need. The items are made by Zambian women and they earn a wage by sewing or making laundry soap bars, and the money comes from donations by generous people like you and me and others. You can help the girls and the women by donating money to Sew Powerful, making a purse or making notecards that are put into the purses. Please read about Sew Powerful here. Together we are Sew Powerful!

Since my hobby and passion is sewing, especially making bags and quilts, I love to use my talents and expertise by making and donating purses to Sew Powerful. I also like donating quilts I make to Project Linus too. I can make more purses each year than I can quilts, so I prefer making the purses and I love experimenting by trying new techniques and ideas on the purse flaps. I am having so much fun doing this and to think that all my efforts are helping young women continue with their education really makes me smile and I feel great that I can help them too.


Flap up
The purse body is also batik fabric.

Back of purse with pocket
Purse back with an added slip pocket.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...