- When I get my daily email from Blog Lovin showing the blogs I follow, I click to read the posting and on some blogs I can make a comment on that blog, but a lot of blogs I cannot comment while in Blog Lovin. So I have to then go directly to that blog in order to comment. Of course this takes more time and often times I won't leave a comment because I don't want to have to go through those extra steps. Isn't Blog Lovin supposed to make it easier to read the blogs?
- Another thing I noticed is that some of the blogs I know that post often were not showing up on Blog Lovin. So I would go to their blog to see if maybe something was going on with them. I found out they they were posting and I missed a ton of posts because they didn't show up on Blog Lovin. I even made sure I was following them through Blog Lovin and I was, so why wasn't I getting their posts in the Blog Loving emails?
- While reading some blogs through Blog Lovin, the posting might contain links to click on. But I have found that those links weren't clickable when in Blog Lovin. Again I would have to go to that blog directly in order to click on the links in their posting.
- Having to go directly to blogs in order to comment or click on links makes Blog Lovin not so user friendly. If my readers are having these problems when reading my blog, then they must feel frustrated too. I am sorry if this happens when you are here. It is out of my control.
- I prefer to use my Blogger Dashboard because I do not experience any of the above, however not all blogs I read are on Blogger (some use Word Press or Type Pad), so I cannot follow through Google Friend Connect, and therefore must follow through Blog Lovin or by email.
- Speaking of following by email, some blogs when following by email will have the entire posting show up in my inbox, and others will give you a snippet and you must click to read more. So again that takes more time and more steps to get to the blogs. I prefer the posting to show up in my email. If I get a snippet and it doesn't catch my attention, I won't click to read more. How about you? I do not know why some blogs have the entire posting and other don't. Is there a setting we can choose as bloggers to change this? Or does it depend on the email service provider like Feedburner? I am not sure.
I want it to be easy for my followers to read my blog. I want it to be easy for me to follow other blogs too. I don't know if these things I have noticed are fixable or not? Does anyone using other readers like Feedly have these problems too? I don't want to try Feedly or others (not sure the names of other readers) unless I know they are better. I'd love to hear if you have any solutions or know of a better reader that doesn't do these things?
Thanks to Mary who commented she follows all her blogs on her Blogger Dashboard. I didn't know I could follow Word Press or Type Pad blogs there. So after I read and responded to Mary I happened to notice on my dashboard the little "Add" button on the left side. I clicked on it and voila, you can add any URL address there to follow those non-blogger blogs. Who knew? I am learning more and more every day. Okay now I am going to add all the blogs from other formats to my dashboard and say adios to BlogLovin, because I am not Lovin it. Thank you Mary for telling me that you do this.
I also filled out a comment form on BlogLovin to tell them about the problems and hopefully they will fix it and make it better if you follow that way.
Pin It Now!