|This was a design from a Laura Wasilowski book. I sewed the house quilt to a quilted background piece.|
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
|I knit this pear from a free online tutorial. It's from a blog called, Natural Suburbia. You can find the tutorial here: http://naturalsuburbia.blogspot.com/2011/08/pear-knitting-pattern-tutorial.html I plan on knitting her apple next. Great way to use up those yarns scraps. The pear could be used as a pincushion (yeah like I really need another one of those!), or I might knit up a whole bowl of assorted knitted fruits, and knit the bowl as well. Then maybe I could take up juggling?|
|This is a Chile Placemat I made. I won the pattern at our quilt guild. The pattern is from my friend Pam Wolf Designs (Pam designs patterns with a Southwestern theme). I was the pattern tester for her other Chili Rounder (Chile Rounder) pattern. (http://patchouli-moon-studio.blogspot.com/2010/10/chili-rounder.html) This pattern is her Chili (Chile) Chain Table Runner where you can make several chiles and link them together to create the size you need for your table runner or make one for a placemat. I used up a lot of red scraps to make this one. I'm going to make a green one next again using scraps I have in greens.|
|I made this shirt in a pink flannel with tiny white dots. I made the sleeveless version of this several years ago and it not only was easy to make, but fits me nicely too.|
Pin It Now!
Sunday, August 21, 2011
|To make the Lil' Twister quilt you first start off making squares and a border like this.|
Pin It Now!
|I made this top this weekend. It was easy to make. I made a sleeveless version a couple of years ago. The fabric is a seersucker, so hopefully will be cool in the heat of this summer we are having.|
Thursday, August 18, 2011
|Magnolia Branches. I fused the background fabrics to batting and quilted it all over. Then I fused the magnolia appliques on top and stitched them in place. Rather than bind the quilt, I decided to sew with a facing instead.|
Pin It Now!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
|I redid the binding and border a bit on this wall quilt. It hung crooked and I had to take off the binding and square it up better. I had the prairie points facing in towards the quilt the first time and the binding all around the quilt. This time I decided to sew the bindng as a facing to the back and the prairie points are now off the quilt. I like the new look for this quilt.|
Here is the photo of how this quilt originally looked: http://patchouli-moon-studio.blogspot.com/2008/08/flower-wall-hanging.html