Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quilt Binding/Border Redo

I redid the binding and border a bit on this wall quilt. It hung crooked and I had to take off the binding and square it up better. I had the prairie points facing in towards the quilt the first time and the binding all around the quilt. This time I decided to sew the bindng as a facing to the back and the prairie points are now off the quilt. I like the new look for this quilt.
Here is the photo of how this quilt originally looked: http://patchouli-moon-studio.blogspot.com/2008/08/flower-wall-hanging.html 
Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. i love the wall hanging and i think the redo is great. the newer version is much cleaner looking. you have inspired me to consider changing the border on one of my wall hangings. its weird how its easy to get in a mind set where you feel like is against the law to change something you've already finished. as if the sewing police would arrest me.
    thanks for sharing
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, bold move to completely re-do the binding! It looks great both ways and I enjoyed the chance to see a "design decision" made two ways. A lesson in not being afraid to change something even after it's "finished"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! Well now I don't know which way I like better! But I do agree, redo if you aren't happy with your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought my eyes were playing a trick on me. Kinda like déjà vie all over again. There goes the perfectionist in you making the quilt to better please you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of the prairie points....your 'redo' worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of the prairie points....your 'redo' worked out great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...