Thursday, August 18, 2011

Magnolia Branches & Lil' Twister

Magnolia Branches. I fused the background fabrics to batting and quilted it all over. Then I fused the magnolia appliques on top and stitched them in place. Rather than bind the quilt, I decided to sew with a facing instead.

This is one of those Lil' Twister quilts. My friend Bobbie showed our small group how to use the Lil' Twister template. I made my own template from plastic and then made this small quilt to test out the technique. You can Google Lil' Twister and find several tutorials online. I am finishing another one that I will post soon.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. i love them both. i know the magnolia branches weren't simple to make but i love the simplicity of the image, it has the right amount of picture and open space. great job on the quilting.
    the little twister is so fun, i love quilts that can use up scraps.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little twister is like an eye spy! WHat fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...