Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Knit Bean Bunnies

I want to knit one of these Bean Bunnies when I first saw this pattern (which is a free pattern). So I knit the bunny in the variegated blue yarn that it so soft and he (or she?) came out so cute, so I tried a second one in a variegated pink wool yarn. It is still cute, but the blue is my favorite one. I think using a soft yarn with a fuzzy look perhaps looks more like a real soft bunny? I must consult with my grand-bunny, Finnegan on this matter 😄.

They are knit in garter stitch and knit flat and then seamed. Why are they called Bean Bunnies? It is because you make a little fabric circle pouch and fill with beans to place in the bottom of the bunny and then stuff the rest of the bunny with poly stuffing. The beans weigh him down a bit and it just feels nicer with some beans in his bottom! 😁

3 knit bunnies

blue and pink bunny

blue and pink bunny

lighter blue bunny
I got the idea of trying to knit the next bunny in the round, but I forgot to purl one round and knit one round to create the garter stitch look, so this bunny was just knit every round creating a stockinette stitch instead. Although I did remember to purl and knit both of his ears, since I knit those first. It was bit tricker to get the bean filled circle (or in this bunny, I used rice) into the base, since the opening was smaller. I liked that I didn't have to seam him later, but it was probably easier to knit flat. This bunny ended up with the lighter colors of the blue variegated yarn.

all 3 bunnies
Such a cute bunny family!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...