Sunday, October 6, 2024

Blue String Quilt with Tigger Appliqué & Butterflies (Project Linus Donation)

I made a blue string quilt, knowing that I would add some kind of appliqué on top of it after I sewed the blue string together. I had picked up this Tigger panel that was cut out (it had white all around it) from another Project Linus group free stuff table about 2 years ago! Gosh time flies! I also have an Eeyore cut out too I got at the same place and time. Since Eeyore is blue, I knew he wouldn't even show up on this blue quilt, but Tigger, being the fine orange fellow he is would look great. I decided to cut off the white fabric that surrounded him and fused him onto the quilt. He is so long with his tail that he covered all the blocks in width but one. There were some butterflies on this cut panel too, so I cut them out leaving off the white fabric as well. There are 3 pink butterflies and 2 blue butterflies, can you find them? I worried about the blue butterflies with the blue background, however there is yellow surrounding the outer shape so that they are not completely hidden and can be seen more clearly in person.

The quilt measures 36.5" wide x 45.25" high.

Scrappy string quilt with Tigger appliqué and pink and blue butterflies that were appliquéd on too.

Peek at the back side with flannel backing and Project Linus label
The backing of the quilt is this blue flannel. 

Close up of Tigger's silly face
Quilted the quilt with a diagonal serpentine stitch. Doesn't Tigger's silly face make you smile? Some child will love this one!

closeup of Tigger
Tigger is so long, he stretched out over all the quilt blocks, except one. See the pink butterfly above him and the blue butterfly under his head?

closeup of a blue butterfly
Here is a close-up of the blue butterfly. I stitched with blue thread, but the yellow in the butterfly does help it to stand out against the blue. 


closeup of a pink butterfly
Pink butterfly also has yellow around it and I stitched with a pink thread.


Sending Quilty Hugs!!!🤗
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...