The 2026 Sew-A-Thon campaign is completed and we're thrilled to share that as of September 30th at midnight we raised $267,921 and completed over 8,000 purses. Wow! That will allow us to serve 26,792 girls with the supplies they need to stay in school.
The campaign was made possible by 18 amazing sponsors (be sure to shop from them and let them know you're grateful they supported the Sew Powerful Sew-A-Thon). They are some of the most prestigious brands in the sewing industry and we are so honored to have their support! Some offer coupons in the link above for their products to help you save some $ and they don't expire until 12/31/26.
We had 376 courageous participants who worked hard to raise money, 46 teams that rallied together, and over 1,600 donors who gave to this important cause. We are so grateful for the trust you've placed in our ministry - and the generosity you've shown.
On behalf of our team in Zambia, the women and girls we serve through this program, and all of us at Sew Powerful - Thank You!
Jason & Cinnamon Miles & Team
I want to thank you all who supported Sew Powerful through donating in my honor. I also want to let you all know that they announced the Top Ten Purse Makers for the Sew-a-thon and I came in at Number One!!! I made 252 purses during September. The others in the top ten made from 120-250 purses during September, so I just made top place by 2 purses, whew! This means that next year I will have a purse I make given to a girl and I will receive a photo of her holding the purse that I made. I also will receive another photo with a second girl and another purse I made because I raised $1,000 or more. Thanks to all of you who helped me get there. I will make a couple of special purses for this, so stay tuned to see the purses I make for the 2 girls and later to see them holding them.
All prizes were randomly drawn (except for the top 2 fundraisers who got to choose the prize they wanted). Not everyone received a prize. First, you had to have raised $100 to be eligible and there were only about 85 prizes. I did win something useful, a Kai brand rotary cutter with 3 extra cutting blades. It just arrived in the mail yesterday, so I will give it a test this morning. Thank you Kai Scissors for the prize! Use the sponsor link above and scroll down to coupons and Kai Scissors is offering 20% off their entire site and Free Shipping, using the code listed on the coupon!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!