Last 12 purses that I made from the September Sew-a-thon.
 |
| The flower on this flap was made by a friend who passed away over 12 years ago. This was a fabric postcard she made. I sewed it to the flap and added the orange trim to make it pop on the painted background that I stenciled. My friend, Gloria, would have loved the idea of sewing these purses for the girls in Zambia as she was a teacher for the deaf and loved being an educator. So Gloria, this is our collaboration together as I know you would have made purses for these girls too. |
 |
| These 2 flaps were made from One Block Wonder quilt blocks. I have a whole bag full of flaps I made from the same fabric. Each one looks different and they are so fun to make! This was a great fabric to use, but I only had one yard, so it wouldn't make a large enough quilt, so I decided to use them for purse flaps instead. If I find another good fabric to use for this technique, I will make more like this as they will all look different. |
Pin It Now!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!