Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Birds, Bears, Bunnies in Hot Air Balloons Quilt (for the Fast & More Fun Blog Hop 2024)

Hello everyone and welcome to the Blog Hop! We were each given 5 quilt patterns from Villa Rosa Designs and we could make one or all 5 of the quilts, if we wanted to. I chose to make the 31 Quilt, which uses a panel. I love this sweet panel and was glad to finally get it made into a quilt! This blog hop was just the thing to get me going and I think it turned out great, don't you?

We could make one of these quilts or more~


You can purchase a set of these 5 patterns. Or visit Villa Rosa website for even more great Rose Card patterns (over 600 of them). Or you might just win a set, (scroll down below for prizes).

The panel I used is from Benartex fabrics called, Breezy Baby Sunshine Quilt Panel. 
The finished quilt measures 42" x 58"

This is a perfect quilt for a baby born in New Mexico (where I live), since Albuquerque is home to the annual International Balloon Fiesta, the largest hot air balloon festival in the world, happening every October for 9 days.

I made a label and named this quilt: Birds, Bears, Bunnies in Hot Air Balloons.
 I also backed the quilt with a hot air balloon print that is flannel, so it is soft.

Quilted in a gridded diamond using a variegated thread.

Closer look at the cute birds, bears and bunnies.










After trimming my panel, before I could add the borders, I found the panel was a wee bit too short, so I added that narrow orange border next to the gray border to bring it up to the correct size and I really like it much better as that orange pops! 
Okay, I know I get carried away with the photos, but I just love how this quilt turned out and wanted to show it in different poses, LOL!!!

Here is the schedule for the Blog Hop. Be sure to comment at each stop to be registered to win some fabulous prizes! 

Thursday, March 14
https://villarosaquilts.com/

Friday, March 15
1. Kathleen McCormick -- https://kathleenmcmusing.com/
2. Cheree H -- http://livelylatte.blogspot.com/
3. Roseanne Nelson -- https://www.homesewnbyus.com
4. Wendy Tuma -- https://www.piecefulthoughts.com/
5. C&T (Valerie) -- https://www.ctpub.com/blog/

Saturday March 16
1. Bernie Kringel -- https://needleandfoot.com/
2. Sandra Walker -- https://www.mmmquilts.com/
3. Linda -- https://www.texasquiltgal.com/
4. Debbie Huber – http://time4stitchn.blogspot.com/
5. SIY (Branyn/Jennifer) – https://siysewityourself.com/

Sunday, March 17
1. Carolyn -- https://quarterinchcapers.blogspot.com/
2. Emily (Norton House) -- https://www.nortonhousequilting.com/blogs/news
3. Gail Sheppard -- https://quiltinggail.com/
4. Susan Slaton -- http://wazoonewsbits.blogspot.com/

Monday, March 18
1. Nann Hilyard -- https://withstringsattached.blogspot.com/
2. Jaftex (Jennifer) -- https://scottfortunoff.com/
3. Jan Altomare -- https://www.cocoaquilts.com/  

4. Tricia – http://quiltwithaview.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, March 19
1. Joy --  https://shout4joy-shouting.blogspot.com/
2. Emily Leachman -- http://thedarlingdogwood.blogspot.com/
3. Vicki S -- www.knitbug2.blogspot.com
4. Rose Mikulski -- https://somethingrosemade14.blogspot.com/
5. QOVF (Lexie) -- https://www.qovf.org/


Wednesday, March 20
1. Nancy -- https://www.graceandpeacequilting.com/
2. Jocelyn -- https://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/
3. Tracie -- https://joyfullytracie.com/
4. Daryl Perry -- https://patchouli-moon-studio.blogspot.com/ (you are here)
5. Electric Quilt (Diane) -- https://doyoueq.com/blog/

Thursday March 21st:

Grand Prizes~ 

4 awesome grand prizes this year –

1.       Kaffe Fassett Precuts Collection

2.      $100 digital gift certificate for Hancock’s of Paducah

3.      A Big Mystery Box of Quilting Goodies

4.    Download of Electric Quilt 8 (this prize will be chosen by Electric Quilt)

Sponsor Prizes~

3 – Sponsor prizes

1 – Set of Blog Hop patterns from Villa Rosa

Info for the Blog Hop Prizes

Here’s the Important Stuff you need to know:

Everyone is eligible to win prizes. Please note that winners outside the USA will receive a digital set of the 2024 Blog Hop Rose Card pattern collection.

There are several opportunities for you to win prizes during the blog hop:

  1. Individual bloggers may be hosting giveaways on their blogs for you to win. Please visit these bloggers to find out about their giveaways and how to register.
  2. Villa Rosa Designs is giving away a 2024 Blog Hop Card pattern collection on each participating blog.
  3. Sponsor prizes have been donated by our lovely Sponsors, above, and even from some of the bloggers, too! These prizes are divided into 2 different categories —
    • Grand Prize Boxes (of which there are 2) are filled with tons of quilting goodies including books, fabric, precuts, notions, patterns, and more.
    • Individual Prizes (each blogger will select 3 winners on their blog) which may be books, patterns, fat quarter bundles, 5″ squares, 2 1/2″ strips, 10″ squares, notions, and more.

WOW! That’s a lot of prizes!

Please note that to leave a comment on this blog to be registered for prizes, you will need to click on the comments link below. After you click the comments link, you need to leave your own comment. I do MODERATE comments, so please only leave one comment. Duplicate comments will be deleted.  Also: if you are an anonymous or no-reply (meaning you do not have your email registered), make sure that you write your first name and last initial as well as write out your email address in the comment, otherwise you will not be entered to win if I cannot get ahold of you. Thank you & good luck!

NOTE: Comments will close on March 24, so get your comments in before then please. Winners will be chosen the 25th.

I want to take a moment to thank all of our incredible sponsors, who donated all kinds of quilting goodies for you to win. Thank you Sponsors! 

https://hoffmancaliforniafabrics.net

https://modafabrics.com

https://www.ttfabrics.com

http://jaftex.com

https://electricquilt.com

https://www.northcott.com/home.aspx

http://benartex.com

https://www.hancocks-paducah.com

https://foxchapelpublishing.com

https://www.ctpub.com

https://www.pbtex.com

Okay, now all you bunnies get to hopping! Blog Hopping that is, lol!






Pin It Now!

100 comments:

  1. Those little animals in the hot air balloon baskets are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your cute baby quilt. The multi-colored thread was a good choice for the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky baby to get such a beautiful quilt.
    I opened a can of WORMS and need 6 plus QUILT OF VALOR quilts so have a panel that would be perfect but will need to make it bigger to be QOV size. Thank you for ideals of boarders.
    jsyoungsurgery@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many panels and it is nice to see the options, and your addition of the orange border to make it the correct size. Adorable quilt! Mary F tizzy5552@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your choices for the 31 pattern. Great idea for a baby quilt.
    Kate C. kcall1146@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your “31” quilt. Such a cute panel and your addition of the orange border really made it pop. This is the patten I would like to try next.
    Pat. Pedill@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hot air balloons! We have a hot air balloon festival in my town, so it brings back many memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun fact about hot air balloons. I think they are neat but do not think I ever want to ride in one. But if it for others go for it. Quilt was very appropriate
    Charlenem622 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a new baby nephew due on the 28th. Now to get busy to find a panel. I love this pattern for that. Darling baby quilt! Kim Pemberton bassyarddog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is just darling! I love the little border you added. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilt is beautiful and will be cherished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect baby quilt for a NM baby! Love the diamond quilting with variegated thread!!! How do you mark your lines? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your quilt! It is different than the others I have seen from this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your "31"! It really made a perfect baby quilt. And it "posed" very well for the photos. ;) The backing is so cute, and yes it's perfect for New Mexico. I zoomed in on your label and see that you live where I'd love to live! I look at real estate in that area (well, all over NM actually), knowing we'll never move there, but I can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your version of 31 turned out so well -- what a charming baby quilt. Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quilt is great! So fun, bright and cheerful.

    Sherry V
    oohaysistun at yahoo dot com
    stitchingwithsherryv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Margaret M
    Darling baby quilt; great use of 31...and the backing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Any child would love this quilt. Every June here in Meadville, Pennsylvania we have the Thurston Classic. Where air balloons grace our skies,

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your quilt! The backing is a perfect fit with the theme of the front. I also really like the background fabric! Droseman58@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute little quilt. I like the hot air balloons. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That quilt is precious. I especially like the orange and gray border...good job on the improvise.
    I LOVE the fabric you choose for the backing. I want some...do you know the name of the line?
    llkunkel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The fabric you used is darling! I have a few panels that would work perfectly with 31.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cute baby quilt! I love the balloon fabric, and the flannel will make it so warm and cozy Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That adorable panel was perfect for the 31 pattern! I love the hot air balloon print on the back too.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this quilt is so cute. The little bird in the hot air balloon has captured my heart. Love the variegated thread used for quilting too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your 31 is so happy and fun. I loved seeing all the pics and how you added a little size to the panel.
    FabriCatz@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE your quilt and that has me thinking that focus fabric yardage would be perfectly fun making the 31 pattern! Glad you showed so many photos as the quilting and details make the quilt so special!! mrssummy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your fabric choices were perfect for this quilt. So cute! Cindy Smith smithcindyk@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pretty quilt with a wonderful backing. 24Tangent@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is the sweetest baby quilt done with the 31 pattern! I love it! Great color choices and the pop of Orange! Thank you so much for sharing!
    mrspcballard at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow!! That is an awesome version of 31!! Love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely quilt! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a great idea for a baby quilt. Thank you, nbod at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just received the cutest baby bunny panel so now I see how I can get it to the correct size thanks to your blog post. B. Smith garnet62@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your colour choises. My favourite pattern is Twinkle. I cannot wait to try it. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win. Bonnielarson58atgmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  37. awwww - so sweet for a baby! I love backing with flannel to make it cosy. Thanks for a fun visit with you! Mary Anne R (marmic1954@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Samantha BurnsideWednesday, March 20, 2024

    Hi Daryl! Your version of 31 turned out beautiful as always. Some lucky little girl or boy will adore that quilt for many years to come. I think adding the gray border around the panel was a good idea. I can't wait to see if you do more of the other patterns in the future! Thanks for considering me for this contest! My email address is jason_burnside@hotmail.com in case it didn't show up correctly!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such a beautiful baby quilt--and the balloon theme flannel backing is perfect!!
    barb kaup at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Daryl, your baby quilt is just too sweet! I really love that you used a variegated thread for your machine quilting -- it adds just a little bit extra something something to your finished quilt. 31 is on my bucket list to make as I've made the other 4 already. I enjoyed all your quilt poses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just love your quilt!! Isn't it fun to find the perfect backing!! I have been to the hot air balloon fiesta, and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh that turned out just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Love the baby quilt. I love seeing the hot air balloons. We have a balloon and wine festival nearby happening soon and I love going when I can. kathy_cocker@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Thanks for sharing your baby quilt made from 31. I like Villa Rosa panel patterns.
    djcutting2(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your 31 quilt turned out very cute! I make a lot of donation quilts from panels; I think this may be my next go to pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love all of your fabrics in this one! Most of my quilts are done with the same quilting method, I love how simple lines really let the fabrics shine!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Such a cute quilt! :)
    C.J. M.
    c.j.m.71email (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  48. That was a fun panel and I agree about the pop with the orange border. I had a tshirt from the balloon festival many years ago. I finally had to toss it as it had been thru too many washings. ritasevig@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I really love what you did with 31! I am a fan of variegated thread though I know most aren't. It looks wonderful with the fabrics and the design of the quilt! After going to all these blogs I just now realized that the Ebb tide quilt is named after the rose! I know I read that their quilts are named after roses but for some reason it just pinged right off my head. I just ordered an Ebb Tide rose for my garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. What a great baby quilt! There is a hot air balloon festival in my state too.
    Johnna V jmvineyard@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love this 31 quilt for a child. And that balloon backing is perfect. I like your quilting pattern and will need to try that one. There have been so many inspirational quilts during this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  52. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Forgot to leave my email: Nancy.sumner@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  54. Your baby quilt is adorable! Where I lived, there was a balloon festival every year and sometimes the balloons would go over our house. It was always fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thanks for being part of the blog hop. I love how you added the orange strip to the panel. I thought it was part of the panel. I love the colors you picked for my 31 pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Fun panel and backing. I have that background fabric and I love it! It's so versatile. I just used it on a trellis quilt. Itlooks good on that one too. Deb W. dove1615@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. I like the fact that VRD patterns are so adaptable, as you did with your panel. Your quilt turned out extremely well. Juanita H
    quiltcarver at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I have been to the Balloon Fiesta in ABQ and love the way you have celebrated it with your version of 31. Hmm, I wonder if there is an adult balloon panel out there? Jennifer F jfoor@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  59. I enjoyed your blog & hop quilt, esp as a fellow NM quilter. Diane V
    Dvcarousel4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. Beautiful fabric choices. Thank you for explaining the details in putting this quilt together. It is helpful for a newbie like me.
    mango968 at earthlink dot net

    ReplyDelete
  61. Very cute and creative ty for sharing your idea...love it..... anna brown happyness04431@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. What a special gift! I really appreciate stories behind the quilt. I like that you used the local hot air balloon event and the flannel on the back was perfect. I too tend to add narrow borders to make a quilt pop! 31 is for sure on my shopping list. Thank you for sharing! gingerdawnharman@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh wow, what a sweet quilt for a little one! I also like your added orange border and what a great way to make the panel work with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love the hot air balloon fabric you used for the quilt. That quilt is adorable. I can't wait to make my own quilt from pattern 31. aesuccess at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. What cute fabric, you certainly made a fun cuddly quilt for a special little person. Thanks for participating in the blog; this quilt made me feel happy!

    ReplyDelete
  66. So glad that you showed lots of photos of your precious quilt!! I love the balloons and especially what you did to get the panel big enough for the rest of the quilt parts! Thanks for sharing your quilt with us! anneandbenhike@ yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  67. 31 is a perfect addition to your panel!! Well done!
    (no prizes for me, thx)

    ReplyDelete
  68. You chose a great panel and coordinating fabrics for this pattern and I love that the back matches the theme of the front.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Ohhh, your 31 is so cute! I love the colors. Thank you for your participation in the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Oh this is perfect for where you live! We also have a hot air balloon race here in St. Louis but it is not anywhere near as big as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hot air balloons are always a hit! I like seeing how many options there are in the blog hop for the same pattern. Eboward@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. I’m not creative at using panels so I’m SO GLAD you chose the pattern 31 as your project. Beautiful quilt! Beth in AL bhambeth@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I enjoyed reading your blog. I have never done a blog hop before or really read many blogs. Your panel was great, I have some panels that I need to sew, this is a pattern I could use. My email is Jillne1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  74. Great quilt!! I'm looking forward to using 31 for a few panels I have been hanging on to. Hope mine turn out as nice as yours! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Perfect quilt for someone who lives in the city known for the hot air balloons....Mom and I happened to drive through Albuquerque in October (if I recall correctly) and saw the sky filled with those colorful balloons. Quite a site. Rosalind G prefer Rozz01 at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  76. I love the fact that you showed us how you quilted your quilt and how many pictures that you showed. Thank you so much for the inspiration. all4sissy@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  77. Love the #31 you made. It is gender neutral and prefect for a little one! Beautiful! cake42493@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  78. Your baby quilt is darling. This is such a great blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  79. These VRD patterns are such fun, aren't they? Fabric choices make such a difference, and they seem to be so easy to adjust, depending on what you have at hand, so they are great for charity quilts, with their differing needs, or for using up your stash. etalmage@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  80. I have a baby panel too. So 31 will be a great pattern to use for that like you did. jacominaderegt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. What a wonderful baby quilt. I love it. Jmikebalou (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  82. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Cutest 31 quilt !!! Love it!! Kim Straughn kimstraughn@zoominternet.net

    ReplyDelete
  84. Super sweet hot air balloon quilt. Joy.kubik69@gmail.com Joy K

    ReplyDelete
  85. I’m a new follower, I love the patterns 😻 tobyyellow@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  86. What a lovely quilt! I am a follower ! Love these patterns and love the hop seeing everyone's interpretation of them! Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  87. I love panels but am never quit sure what to do with them. I am seeing many ideas on the blog hop for pattern 31. edgarkevin@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  88. It turned out darling! There is a sense of joy in the fabrics. mail4kristine at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  89. Wow! Your 31 version is just amazing! I usually shy away from panels because I just don't know what to do with them, but this pattern really offers a great detail to make it work. Yes, the extra orange border really adds a perfect punch to show off those flying geese. Great work! duchick at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  90. I absolutely love your version of the 31 Quilt! Someone is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  91. What an adorable quilt. You did the pattern justice - love it. cmberry@lsu.edu

    ReplyDelete
  92. donnaovermoyer@gmail.comThursday, March 21, 2024

    What a cute baby quilt especially with your location.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Love your 31! Not much of a panel person but I like that! Sue/missmaggie54@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  94. That is such an adorable panel! Great work with this pattern. It turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  95. I love the fabric you used for the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Oh what a fun quilt! It just makes me smile. Thanks for sharing this, and thanks for your inspiring blog!

    ReplyDelete
  97. Great panel and love the baby quilt. The crosshatch quilting is wonderful, especially with the variegated thread!! Thanks for sharing! Diane O odiane79 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...