Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Sew Powerful Purses #37-51 for 2024

Oops, I got this posting out of order. I thought I had shared it and I hadn't yet. 

15 more purses made for Sew Powerful Purse Project. These are the rest of the purses using that batik print with metallic gold that my friend Tara, gave to me more than a year ago. I was able to make 20 total purses using the batik fabric for the 20 purse exteriors, and using a bit of the scraps leftover to create the scrappy pieced purse flaps, along with lots of other fabric scraps too! With some added buttons and serpentine stitching in metallic gold along the center of the webbing straps for added bling. I used up al the gold rivets that I had and then used some antique brass rivets for the rest. That bright gold rivet went well with the metallic gold in the batik print, where as the antique brass rivets are not as bright as the gold rivets. I personally think the gold rivets are a bit too flashy, but I only had enough of the gold rivets for eleven of the 20 purses I made. Glad to use them up.






Closeup of purse flap
Closeup look at the flap and the flower stitched buttons.

Back of purse with back pocket
Back of the purse I added a slip pocket. I only had enough fabric to add a few back pockets, so most do not have the back pocket.

Closeup of purse flap
More flower stitched buttons.

Closeup of purse flap
I stitched these buttons with an "x".

Closeup of purse flap
More flower stitched buttons.

Side view of purse showing gusset and rivet
Side view of purse showing the gold rivet and gusset.

Closeup of purse flap
More buttons.

I have more purse kits cut waiting to be stitched into purses. So who knows which fabrics they will be? I have so many cut and ready to be sewn, but first I received my 2nd Flap of Friendship and immediately cut our the rest of the purse to sew that one up first! The flap made by Susan from Florida is just my style too! It's a Happy Scrappy Flappy!!! I chose the perfect fabrics to complete the purse. So come back to see it when I get it sewn and post it here on the blog.


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are going to top last year's count!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the added rivets as always the girls will adore them. so many details to appreciate.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...