Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Hooded Knit Cowl

A friend asked me if I could finish knitting this hooded cowl that she had started. I wanted to see it first to make sure it was something I was able to knit. It looked easy enough to knit, so I took it on and knit it, but I ripped out what she had knit and started from the beginning because I wanted to make sure that it was all knit in my tension.

It didn't take long to knit. It is a free pattern on Ravelry too, even though she gave me the printed instructions to use. I do like looking up patterns to make sure there aren't any errata's for the pattern. 

My head model here to show you how it looks being worn~


Ribbing at the knit and stockinette stitching on the hood, with ribbing around the face edge of the hood too.


The back top has you knit a triangle shape.

Here is is without the model after I blocked it.

Close up up stitching. The yarn was a denim color with some variation to it.

She didn't expect to get it back finished for months, but I got it done quickly and she probably even had a chance to wear it a few times, since we had some colder and windy days. She gave me a handmade basket.


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. great job, you are a good friend to finish up someone else's knitting project. I'm sure she will enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha BurnsideTuesday, March 26, 2024

    The cowl turned out great! It looks lovely. It also looks warm, which is most important. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...