Monday, March 18, 2024

Flap of Friendship #2 (Purse #52 for 2024)

I completed the purse after receiving the 2nd Flap of Friendship that I signed up to do. This one was made by Susan from Florida. She made it scrappy!!! I posted just the flap in the Facebook Group and Susan commented that was her first scrappy flap she ever made! Gosh, I couldn't believe it. It was pieced so perfectly and colorful scraps too, which is just my style! I completed the purse a couple days after I received, but the weather has been windy or rainy or both, so taking a good photo wasn't going to happen for a while. Yesterday the sun came out for a little while, so I was able to snap some photos and here they are. 

Ta-da! I love those sparkly purple buttons too!

Back side of purse with back pocket
This fabric for the body was donated to a group I belong to. There was just about 1/4 yard
 of it and I knew it would make a nice purse, but paired with the flap Susan made, it really made it come together!!! This is the back of the purse that I added a back pocket to.

Flap flipped up to show the front pocket and flap lining
The flap lining that Susan used, so I knew purple was a great choice for the purse exterior and this beautiful fabric had both purple and pink in it!

Side of purse showing gusset and rivet
Here is the side showing the gusset and rivet. I made the Intermediate purse and the flap is the beginner style flap, which I always make anyhow myself.

Fabric pieced strap with serpentine center stitching
I didn't have enough of the fabric to create the full strap, but I love piecing 2 or more fabrics to create a strap if I am not using webbing. I found another purple fabric to go with the scrap I had and completed the strap and stitched a serpentine stitch down the center of the strap in a variegated thread.

Main lining inside purse
The main lining fabric was something I just won at my quilt group. We have a nametag drawing at each meeting and rarely, if ever win, but they called my name and I won 2 different fat quarters and a small box of pins. This fabric made the perfect lining to go with the rest of the purse, yay!


Just the flap that Susan made
Here is just the flap that I received from Susan. Thanks Susan! We made a great purse making team.

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Samantha BurnsideMonday, March 18, 2024

    I love the pink and purple purse. It turned out beautiful. Susan in FL did a fantastic job on her part of the purse. Can't wait to see your quilts for the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great flap and the fabric for the body is perfect!! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...