Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Hen Party Quilt

I finally finished this quilt! I had the blocks done for years, so I wanted to get it done! I made it a bit smaller than the pattern from Fat Cat Designs by not adding the outer border.


Originally I was going to sew on button eyes, but these cute, crazy, whacky chickens needed Googly Eyes!!!! Googly Eyes enhances their personalities, don't you think?



I didn't have any chicken wire fabric when I began making these blocks, so I bought a stencil and painted on the chicken wire. Now I can have chicken wire fabric anytime I want to and in any color wire and fabric color I choose. Oh and that blue fabric for the chicken came from my mom's quilt shop (Tarzana, California) in the mid 1970's!!! The same fabric in an orange/yellow colorway is the chicken below this one on the quilt. Glad to use that fabric up, lol!




Poor blind chickens! This was taken before they got their googly eyes!

Here they are with eyes! Googly eyes!!!

I just sold this quilt yesterday in the gift shop I took it to on the 1st of the month! Yay!! I did price it cheap, but I wasn't going to use it myself, so I wanted to see if someone else liked it enough to buy it and someone did. You never know what will sell and for how much, and life is too short for me to try and hold out for a higher price, that may not sell for years, if at all. It would have been donated if it hadn't sold, so now I earned a bit of money to buy other supplies I might need like batting so I can continue making quilts and purses to donate. It is a win-win for me.


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on selling such a fun quilt, great job as always,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable, Daryl. I think the googly eyes were an excellent choice! YAY for the sell!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...