Thursday, March 7, 2024

Sew Powerful Purses #32-36 (for 2024)

My good friend, Tara gave me the batik fabric with the metallic gold elephants and pretty print with more gold that I used for the exterior bodies of these purses. I actually was able to cut out enough exteriors to make 20 purses in total (still sewing most of them). It is the perfect fabric to use to make these purses for the young ladies in Zambia to help them to stay in school all month, every month.

I used a scrap piece of the batik fabric in each purse flap and then added other scraps of fabrics I had that went well with the batik fabric. So each purse flap is scrappy and different. I added buttons too.



Close up of main body fabric
This is the front of the purse with the front pocket using the batik print with the metallic gold. It is a beautiful print!

3 more purses.

Close up of a purse flap with buttons
Here is a closer look. I even had scraps of that print with the African women on it, that finally got put to good use on this and the other 2 purses from above photo.

Closeup of purse flap with flower stitched buttons
Another closeup. I love sewing the buttons on by creating a flower.

Thanks Tara for giving me the beautiful batik fabric! The girls will love it, I know I do! More purses to share using this batik print, soon.


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I knew you would find a great way to use the fabric. He did a fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, you did a fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...