Wednesday, March 6, 2024

(7) Portable Pockets in Southwest Fabric Prints


I made 7 total Portable Pockets in Southwest fabric prints. This is an Around the Bobbin pattern that I had tested awhile ago and just love these pockets. They are so handy for so many things and come in 3 sizes: Small (4' x 5"), Medium (5" x 6") & Large (6" x 8"). 

This print I made in all 3 sizes. You can store all of the Portable Pockets (PP) inside the large one.

This is the front side that has a zipper pocket. I used whatever zipper I had on hand that was the correct size and color that would work best with the print. I added a small key ring on to each of the tabs on the left too. You can add a hook or carabiner clip to clip it to your belt loop, bag strap or hardware on a bag, if you like. I took these to a local gift shop to see if they will sell. I priced each separately to see what if any sizes would sell, so I would know in case I make more to sell.

The back side has a divided mesh pocket, however the small size I feel is too small to divide in half with a stitching line, so I like to add a Kam snap on the small one instead. It allows you to still put items in the pocket and the snap allows you to open it and put your hand inside to get the items out easier. I decided to add a rivet at the top of the stitched lines on the medium and large sizes.

I only had enough of this fabric to make 2 medium sized PP. I also took these to the gift shop to sell them.

I forgot to add the rivets on the back, but they aren't called for anyhow.

Here is the lining I used.

These are Large and Medium sizes. I like this fabric and am keeping these for myself.

The back side showing the mesh pockets. The accent fabric is what I also used for the lining fabric.




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Love the southwest fabric you did a beautiful job you can never have enough of these sorts of bags

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...