Saturday, October 19, 2024

Citrus Quilt~ Project Linus Donation

I had a Fat Quarter pack I bought many years ago in Citrus colors and since I never used it in anything, I decided it was about time to use it and make a quilt. I chose to make a Layer Cake Tumble quilt (free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop) and I cut up the 10" squares that I needed to make this quilt, but I still needed more squares, since you don't get many 10" squares from a fat quarter. So I found some other fabric that I could add to the FQ bundle, like the sunflower print and that print in the upper right corner. I used whatever white on white prints I had to create the top. A simple diagonal grid for the quilting and a multi-color binding to finish the quilt. 

I donated this quilt last week to Project Linus (along with 5 other quilts I had made). 

The quilt measures 62.5" wide x 62" high, so an older child/teen will receive this size quilt.
 I did choose to make the lap size quilt on the pattern, which says it is about an inch larger than what my finished quilt measures, so the quilting must have shrunk a bit? And why I was a half an inch shorter in height than width on my finished quilt, I have no idea? It really doesn't matter, but it is strange.🤷
My friend Shirley had recently given me some fabrics that she no longer wanted and this backing fabric was one of the fabrics and it was a large piece too, so I thought the colors of this fabric was perfect to use as a backing. Thanks Shirley!


I used a variegated citrus colored thread to quilt this quilt.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...