Sunday, October 13, 2024

Sew Powerful Purse #192 (2024)

Trying something new on this purse flap. I wanted words on the flower petals, but I don't have an embroidery machine, so I couldn't embroider the words directly onto the petals. I didn't want to hand embroider them on either. So I wrote them on white fabric with an acrylic paint pen, then fused to the flower petals and stitched around the white to hold them in place. The white makes it easy to read the words, but it is also a bit stark as well. Maybe if I try another one I will use a pale color of whatever the flower color is, so I would have used a pale turquoise for this flower if I had thought of it before. After I stitched the words on, the shape that was left in the center happened to be a pentagon, so I used a pentagon for the center of the flower. A few added crystals for a bit of bling completes the flap.

The body is another denim jean upcycle. I used the front jean pocket on the back of the purse this time. 


front jean pocket sewn to back of purse.
Donating this purse to Sew Powerful.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...