Thursday, August 22, 2024

Sew Powerful Purses #156-159 (2024) in Hot Air Balloon Fabric


I'm Flying High, getting ready for the annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta 2024 by making some hot air balloon purses. I took these to Old Town to sell them at Blue Portal Gift Shop. Any purses that I sell there I will donate the money to Sew Powerful Purse Project. It takes $10 to fill each purse with the hygiene items that the girls need each month. 

I had also taken in a couple of purses with a Kokopelli and batik scraps on the flap a couple months ago. So far, I am happy to report one of the Kokopelli purses sold and one hot air balloon purse sold, although I don't know which one. I am hoping the rest of the purses sell as we get closer to Balloon Fiesta (starts in 44 more days, for 9 days of balloon activities). If they do not sell then some sweet girls in Zambia will be receiving them to use. So it's a win-win either way. 

I love the fabric with hot air balloons in this print.

flap up
Front with pocket.

side view
Side of purse.

back with pocket
Back of purse with a slip pocket too.

3 more purses that I fussy cut the balloons from some fabric scraps and appliquéd them on to the purses flaps. Batik fabric scraps sewn before the appliqué was added.

Backs with pockets
Same fabric for the purses and all have pockets on the back too.





Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. you can't go wrong with hot air balloons, great job and the image makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you luck that they sell out during the festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! Love the hot air balloons!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...