Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Sew Powerful Purses #162-167 (2024)

I made 6 Sailboat print purse flaps on these purses. I had this sailboat print a long time and wanted to use it up. I made a tote bag out of it (which is for sale in my PayHip Shop) and thought I would use the rest of the print to make purses. I got 6 purse flaps that I combined with upcycled denim jeans to make the purse bodies. These are sturdy purses as the sailboat print is heavier than quilting cotton fabric, more like a Twill.

Here are the first 3 purses. I like how each purse flap shows the sailboats a bit differently from the print.

back side showing back jean pockets
Backside with pockets. I used 2 denim back pockets from jeans and the other pocket is an added slip pocket.

3 more purses.

flaps up to show front of purses
Flaps up to show the front of the purses that have slip pockets.

back sides showing pockets of purses




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the sailboat fabric, its fabulous. the vintage looking boats are so majestic. the girls will love them and combined with denim makes them very sturdy. great job

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...