Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Newborn Baby Cable Knit Hat

Newborn Baby Cable Hat pattern is FREE from Crazy Hands. It is such a cute hat and easy to knit too! I used a skein of Bernat Cashmere Natural Blends yarn that I already had, which is a #4 worsted weight yarn. The yarn is 65% acrylic, 30% nylon and 5% cashmere, which makes it feel soft! Perfect yarn for a newborn babe.

I knit this as a gift for a friend of mine who will be a first time grandmother in September. Her daughter is pregnant and having a baby boy. The yarn color I used is good for a boy or girl, so just in case her daughter has another baby later, she could save the hat for a second baby. My friend is a quilter, so I know there will be lots of quilts made for this baby. My friend is not a knitter, so knitting something useful came to my mind to make for baby. No reason to knit a blanket if baby will be cuddled in quilts! Hats are quick and easy to make and will be used in September when baby is born and weather is cooler in the Pacific Northwest.

Cable knit hat with garter stitches.

My garden lady is modeling the hat as I had nothing small enough to model it, lol!

Front view of garden lady modeling hat.

I also had enough yarn leftover to knit a pair of booties too.


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. that is wonderful, i love patterns with cables I'm going to look that one up. your hat will keep that baby nice and warm. great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...