Friday, December 29, 2023

Quilted Table Topper made from Crumb Piecing & Equilateral Triangles

A while ago I had so many scraps that I decided to grab some pink fabric scraps and sew the scraps together free form style, which some call crumb piecing. I had several blocks made in various sizes and no real plan for what I would make from them.

I decided to try cutting out the largest equilateral triangle on the Crossover II Die Cut Machine, and it cut so nicely, that I cut out 5 more. I pieced them together to form a hexagon shape. Quilted it and sewed on the binding. It needed a little something else and so I sewed on a stacked button in the center. I like the scrappy look.

This little topper measures 12 3/8", measuring from the straight top to the straight bottom and 14" measuring from the pointed tip on one side to the other pointed tip on the other side.




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. looks great and i like the pink theme. how fun you can make this using your machine to cut perfect triangles. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out so well, Daryl! I've never tried crumb piecing, but I have a LOT of scraps! LOL It would make a great leader-ender project to sew some together as you go about your quilting. The buttons in the center add such a fun place to rest your eye too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...