Thursday, December 14, 2023

Nametag for Project Linus Group

At the Project Linus (PL) group I go to our leader had machine embroidered each of our names and gave us each a piece of fussy cut fabric with Linus printed on the fabric. The fabric also had a narrow background fabric print around Linus, but I decided to cut that fabric off and just cut around Linus.

I fused it and blanket stitched around Linus and used another stitch to stitch around my name. I have made dozens of this style nametag before, making several for the women in my stitch group, only I traced their names onto an appliqué heart, since I don't have an embroidery machine. 

The pocket is so handy for holding many things like eyeglasses, scissors, knitting tools, a phone, needles, etc. I prefer the necklace style, rather than poke myself with a pin back! Plus those pins never seem to get pinned on straight! Magnetic ones can be very cold against the skin, so the neck style is the best in my opinion.

I will only wear this Linus nametag when our PL group meets. I have my heart nametag for my other group.

I sewed the border around the center using all the same fabric this time. Usually I use 4 different scraps of fabric, so all one fabric gives it a different look. But I still used all scraps of fabric as each piece doesn't need a very large piece of fabric. The strap is long, but narrow, so it could be pieced together if I didn't have enough length of one fabric.

I added sewing machine buttons (which holds the strap in place), since this is a sewing group and they look so darn cute too!

I love that I got Linus with Woodstock on it too!



Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. that is so you to be at cleaver!! its PERFECT, i just love it and how can people in your group not smile when they see you wearing it. great job and so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...