Saturday, December 16, 2023

Microwave Mini Oven Mitts & Doll Books

I made these Mini Oven Mitts last year as I had a custom order for them, as well as some doll books. These are microwave oven mini mitts. I had never made them before, so I looked at them and figured it out. I hope they were what she wanted? I hadn't heard back if they worked well or not? 

Opened to show the back side.

These show the opening where your fingers go to use them. I added a hanging loop to each so that they could be hung up for easy access.


My ex-coworker, who is also an author for children's books, also asked if I could create some doll books for these dolls. She sometimes goes to book events and wanted a display of her dolls holding books (the titles of the books are ones she had written or co-authored with her writer husband too). So this is what I came up with.

Such a cute variety of dolls!

Here is one book title with Vaunda's name as the author. I wanted the books to attach easily to the dolls, so used elastic that loops through an eyelet that I added to the book's corner. If the elastic ever loses its elasticity, it can be easily replaced or ribbon can be looped and tied on the doll instead.

This book was a book that Vaunda signed and gave to me many years ago.

A collaboration, written by Vaunda and her husband.

2 books for this doll. The one with the red cover is her latest book. At the time I made these, this book hadn't been published yet, so I waited to post this until it had. Small Shoes, Great Strides sounds like a great story to tell!


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. how kind of you to do this. i'm so thrilled that Vanda has dolls to go with her books. she is such a lovely person i look forward to reading the series. these are so special i'm sure she loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the oven mitts. i think because they are so tiny that might work better for taking something out of a microwave. someone told me that regular batting could potentially be a fire hazard so she buys special batting for lining these sorts of projects. its hard for me to imagine what could be wrong with regular cotton batting. maybe its treated with something synthetic? i have no idea. Anyway these are adorable i'm curious as well as to how well they work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...