Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Hand Knit Santa Hat

I decided to knit myself a Santa Hat over a month ago. I have never knit one before, but after seeing so many cute Santa hats around the internet, I decided to knit one. There are lots of  patterns out there too, but I decided on this FREE Santa Hat pattern from Fox and Pine Stitches. The pattern is great because it comes in so many sizes from babies to adults. I knit the Woman version. So great for knitting for all the people in your life. What fun gifts to make and give!

I did have a skein of red yarn and white yarn too. At my stitch group we brought in yarn and other things that we didn't want anymore and people could take what they wanted. There were all kinds of stuff, not just yarn. I saw a very thin yarn in a small ball that was red sparkly tinsel-like yarn and I thought at first it would be great to use to couch on the purses I make to donate to Sew Powerful, which is fun a easy way to add a bit of bling. But then I decided to knit that sparkly red along with the regular red yarn and it really came out great! I was worried I might run out of the sparkly red yarn but I actually had some leftover yarn! I also used regular white yarn and a furry eyelash type yarn that I also knit together for the cuff and pompom. I couldn't get the pompom to come out very full though. So I bought a pompom maker and will make a new pompom for this hat (stay tuned for that updated pompom).




My model, Zoe is wearing it here.


Another model here.


This hat is so cute and would look great in any color, like a gnome hat, a pixie hat, etc. Might try one in a self striping yarn or just using scraps of various yarn colors. 


UPDATE: I made a new pompom for the hat with my pompom maker I bought. Wow what a difference a full pompom makes!


This pompom has both a white regular yarn and the furry eyelash yarn and that eyelash yarn was shedding all over the place when I cut the pompom off the pompom maker!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and Happy New Year to you all!



Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. so adorable, and that shimmery yarn can be tricky to work with i can't believe you could make a pom pom out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...