Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Selvage Fabric Basket

I love sewing selvages and creating fun bags and baskets and other things. The selvages are a bit heavier that the fabric being woven tighter, so they are good and sturdy. I made this fabric basket and I keep my sewing machine pedal, cord and other things for one of my machine in it when I am not using the machine. I don't have room to set up all my machines, so a couple are in the closet and get brought out and used when I need to applique or stitch other stitches. This is a perfect size to hold the foot pedal and cord.




I pinched the corners and sewed just on the binding to keep the rectangle shape of the basket.


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. you are the queen of selvages. what a great idea of putting your sewing machine pieces in a bag made of selvages. its adorable and I like the added binding. i like seeing them vertical as well i'm so use to seeing selvages done on an angle. great job as always.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great basket! Perfect using the selvedges. They always make a project fun looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! What a fabulous idea! Thank you for sharing such a neat project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little basket. Visiting from Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...