Thursday, March 10, 2016

Blue Knit Socks

I knit another pair of socks for my husband. These I knit in blue (Lion Brand Sock Yarn). I recently darned the last 2 pair of socks I had knit him a couple of years ago. The socks seem to last about 2 years with some darning added a couple of times. He tends to be hard on socks and shoes. So I try to keep up and knit a pair every year or 2 for him. When I start knitting the heel and foot I add some nylon and hold it together along with the yarn while I am knitting. The nylon gives more strength and even though he gets holes in the heel and toe, it takes a bit longer for the holes to happen by adding the nylon. Maybe I need to add a triple strand of nylon?


You can see here where I added the nylon (light gray) along with the blue yarn in the lower part of the sock. The upper is the leg and that part never gets the wear that the heel and toe does.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Daryl. Your talents are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It's a shame they don't last longer. Adding nylon sounds like a good advice.
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...