Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thrift Store Find

I was at a thrift store a couple of weeks ago and spotted this handbag there. The price on it was $3.99, but I had a 30% coupon off my total purchase and I found a couple other items to buy too. So this bag cost me $2.80 (plus sales tax). I took the bag apart because the reason I bought it was for all those rings, 34 rings in all; plus I can use the zipper and the magnetic snap again also. Score! I will be able to make quite a few handbags using those rings. I have black D-rings and bronze colored D-rings already, so now I have silver round rings and should be able to choose the best color ring to go with whatever fabric I am using.

Look at all those rings and rivets. Too bad I cannot reuse the rivets!

After removing what I could reuse from the handbag I ended up with this: 34 rings, a zipper for a pocket and a magnetic snap.

34 rings should last me a while. They ended up costing me less than 9 cents apiece including sales tax!


Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. Good thinking there! I don't have a knack for thinking outside the box, but if I read enough of these kinds of posts maybe it will start to sink in. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice find! Don't you love when that happens?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hit the jackpot with those rings! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just knew the minute I saw the purse you found at the thrift store that you were going to repurpose it and you certainly are! Great find for all those "fixtures". Just one snap would have cost what you spent. Well Done Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever indeed! Could you also reuse the fabric? It looks like faux leather on my screen. That would make a nice wallet or pouch...
    Thank you for participating to my Fabric, Thread and Yarn link party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent idea, I have to look at the thrift store in a whole new way
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a score, that was pretty smart thinking!! When you make things be sure to mention if you use any of the items, I can't wait to see how you re-use your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great find! With all those cute bags you make, this is quite a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought a gab just like this for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...