Sunday, June 30, 2024

Sew Powerful Purses #125-130 (2024)

Hello everyone! Still sewing purses of course, and here are the latest 6 completed purses. 

The fabric I used for the exterior bodies of these purses was donated to me by another Sew Powerful volunteer. It is an African fabric she got from a shop in Texas that came from Africa and then she sent it to me. I made these purses and will mail them to California and then they will be put on ship along with 1,000's more purses from other purse makers and make it's way back to Africa to Zambia. So this fabric has had quite the traveling voyage already. 

I cut the little squares that I used in the center of each flap from a fabric that I bought ages ago. These made for a nice start to sew other scraps around. I used some of the scraps I ended up with from the exterior purse fabric and added those to the flaps as well. I think these purses turned out pretty.

I made the yellow strap with some yellow fabric I had for this purse. The rest below I used webbing for the straps.

Flap up
This is the African print fabric for the body of these purses. It's a gingko design.

I added a back pocket to this purse.



back side
Another back slip pocket.



I cut the embroidered words from a tee shirt, Life is Good, to add to this purse.

back side
Back side with slip pocket. I also embroidered the webbing strap with decorative stitches. It's fun to do sometimes.

I think I might have some more of this fabric print, but I cannot find it at the moment. I must have put it somewhere else. One day I will find it and make more purses with it.




Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...