Saturday, June 29, 2024

Sew Powerful Purses #123-124 (2024)

A couple more purses are finished. I had cut the kits out quite some time ago. I am sending this purse with cat in with a note attached to not send to the rural areas as the people in the rural areas apparently see certain animals differently and we need to be sensitive to their beliefs. So in the rural areas, cats, owls, bats and hyenas are something we shouldn't add to a purse.  I have made purses with cats and owls in the past, but this was before Sew Powerful branched out into the rural schools and they were okay to include at other the schools. I would never have made purses with bats or hyenas though as they don't appeal to me at all and I wouldn't think they would appeal to anyone else either. So just to be certain I will add a note to attach to this cat purse. The Zambia women volunteers do know not to send those animals to rural schools and will pull any out to make sure they don't go there, but I don't want to add to their work by using any of those animals in the future.

I had made another purse using this same cat print and added other scraps to that flap, but I had mailed it in when I had filled another box of purses. This one I hadn't finished. 


Scrappy purse flap using up misc. scraps.



Back added slip pocket too.

Two more done. My purse box is getting fuller, but not full enough to mail off yet. I think I have about 72 purses in that box so far and so I will finish making more until I can fill the box to the max!


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...