Thursday, June 6, 2024

Sew Powerful Purses #92-93 (2024)

Still sewing purses from the kits I cut out last year! I forgot about some of these purse kits or flaps I had finished as I grab a kit to sew and complete the purse. 

Batik fabric with an appliqué heart in black fabric.

flap up to sew lining
The fabrics in this purse were donated to me. I made the scrappy fabric heart as a hanging notecard for the girl who receives this purse.

Back of purse with a slip pocket
I added a slip pocket on the back of the purse. Back of heart with stamped affirmations.

African print of 3 children cut in a hexagon with scraps sewn all around for the flap
African children print cut in a hexagon with scraps sewn all around for the flap. I think this was the last piece of that fabric I cut into a hexagon. I made several purses from this border print scrap that was given to me.

showing the flap lining and heart notecard made of fabric scraps
The lining fabric was also given to me by the same woman who gave me the African print border fabric (the hexagon on the flap). I made the scrappy fabric heart as a hanging notecard for the girl who receives this purse.

back side of purses and back of fabric heart with stamped affirmations
Back of purse and stamped notecard with affirmations.

2 more Sew Powerful purses are complete to help change 2 girl's lives for the better. Yay!


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. The hearts are such a nice addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course amazing, i just love the African kids with the sunflowers. the added heart with affirmations is such a sweet addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha BurnsideWednesday, June 19, 2024

    I love the heart flaps! They're quite cute! Of course, I love some sunflowers as well. It's a beautiful flap as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...