Monday, June 29, 2020

Annette Satchel in Black/Gold Batik Print

I had been seeing a lot of Annette Bags (Swoon Sewing Patterns) on some groups I belong to online, and when I saw that someone had left off the U-shaped strap connectors, it looked like a different bag to me. I really never looked close enough to realize that the U-shape was a strap connector, I thought it was some sort of pocket at first glance. So I bought the pattern from Swoon.

The Annette comes in 2 sizes, the Satchel (the one I made here measures 13" wide x 9" high x 5" deep) and the Commuter Tote (larger and great for commuting, measures 18" wide x 12" high x 7" deep).  I still made some changes to the bag. Since I left off the U-shaped strap connectors, I riveted the handles to the bag and added some strap ends (just bought straps ends recently). I added a slip pocket inside the bag in addition to the zippered pocket, and I added purse feet to help keep the bottom cleaner. I left off the adjustable strap that you can clip on and off at the sides (if you add a strap connector to each side, which I did not).

I really love how this bag came out! I have added this one to my Etsy Shop.

Then I immediately made myself an Annette in a gorgeous Echinacea fabric that I just had to buy (I had been lusting over the fabric for years and had to search to find some of the fabric, which I found on Etsy). Echinacea (cone-flowers), along with sunflowers are my favorite flowers. I already have a sunflower purse and a sunflower tote that I made for myself year ago. I will share the Echinacea Annette with you tomorrow.

Annette Satchel measures 13" wide x 9" high x 5" deep

I added a stacked button on the zipper end for a bit of bling.

Side pocket, you can tuck the zipper tail in here or inside the main bag if you want.

I love this bold zigzag batik print and paired with the black solid makes a stunning bag.

Side pockets are great to hold keys or a phone for quick access.

A zippered pocket and a slip pocket inside. This bag opens nice and wide, which I love.

I added a dimensional pocket, which would be nice for holding eyeglasses or sunglasses. And of course a pen pocket to the left.

I quilted the bottom of the bag mimicking the zigzag look of the batik fabric and added purse feet. 

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is very eye catching with the wonderful contrast of black with the bright gold/orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a purse, its so sleek and classy looking. the fabric really pops and the whole look is just wonderful i'm sure it will sell well. what a lovely purse.
    tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...