Thursday, December 30, 2021

Valentine Heart Dream Catcher

It's Love is in the Air week over on the Therm-O-Web blog.  I am thrilled to be on the Therm-O-Web Design Team and this is my first Therm-O-Web project that I made to share with you. I created this Valentine Day Dream Catcher using a small embroidery hoop and a bit of fabric, ribbon yarn and crystals. You can check out the full tutorial on the Therm-O-Web blog.

The heart is a reverse appliqué technique and the scrappy piecing is a great way to use up small bits of fabric. Choose the size embroidery hoop you want to use to make this Dream Catcher. While not a traditional Dream Catcher, this embroidery hoop art has the feeling of a Dream Catcher.



I added hotfix crystals, buttons, a bit of hand embroidery in straight stitches and French Knots.

Looks great blowing in the breeze on a tree.



Please check out my tutorial on the Therm-O-Web blog.

https://follow.it/patchouli-moon-studio?action=followPub Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I have been a fan of embroidery hoops as frames for years. This is a wonderful new twist on that. You did a fantastic job. Reverse applique is so stunning and you used such cheerful colors. It screams love is in the air. Great job and you used fun embellishments as well.
    Tara
    Happy New Year, almost

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic first project for ThermOWeb, Daryl!! I'm sure you will be a great asset to their design team! I love the crystals - of course, I LOVE bling! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely dream catcher! Thank you for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Thanks! Heading over to the tutorial right now! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...