Friday, December 10, 2021

Tati Toque Knit Hats

I knit a couple of hats called Tati Toque, which uses a bulky weight yarn. If you click on the link you will see how nice the hat looks in the right yarn and color. The stitches show so much better on the ones shown on Ravelry. I had a few single skeins of bulky weight yarn, so I thought I would try knitting this hat. Well the cable didn't show up as nicely on either of my hats, especially the variegated yarn, but still it is a nice hat and easy to knit.

I took these hats, along with 7 other hats, 11 scarves I knit and one poncho I knit and donated them to the local library's Giving Tree. They put up a tree at the library each year and ask people to bring in hats, scarves, mittens, gloves that will help to keep people warm during the winter. The items we bring in we decorate the tree with. When I went in there were about 5 or 6 items on the tree, but after I hung all my knit wear on the tree, it was quite full and colorful. It makes me feel good to know that something I knit will help to keep someone a bit warmer. The library gives all the donated items to a couple local foods banks to give out to the people who come in. These were just 2 hats I donated.











Whenever I have donated my knitting, I always wonder if I will ever see someone walking around town in something I knit. So far I have not seen anyone wearing anything I have knit, but you never know if one day I might.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. You are one of the most giving people I know. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hats turned out cool. I am sure whoever gets them will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...