Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Gingerbread Applique Houses Quilted Table Topper

I wanted to make a winter table topper using a few of the Crafter's Edge die cuts. I used the Gingerbread House, a Snowflake and the Star set applique die cuts to make this table topper.

The topper measures 18 1/8" x 18 1/8" measured from the top flat straight edge to the bottom flat straight edge as well as side to side. Measured from point to diagonal point across is 21" across.

I didn't add the trees and candy canes die cuts to the Gingerbread house and changed the bottom snow because I wanted it larger. I just used the larger snowflake die cut instead of both. I added hotfix crystals to the center of the snowflake, as the doorknob on the houses and a few scattered around on the background for a bit of sparkly bling.

I chose an octagon(ish) shape to the topper. I really am pleased with how this turned out. Some of those applique pieces were very small and stitching around most of them with a blanket stitch was a bit time consuming, but worth the effort in the end. Since cutting with the Crafter's Edge Crossover II machine and the die cuts were so quick and easy to do, it gave me more time to spend on the stitching part. I couldn't even imagine cutting all these pieces out by hand!

I used scraps of batik fabric for the applique pieces. A batik background fabric and a batik binding. I just love batik fabric!


I just love this snowflake and what a breeze to cut with the die cut! I added a crystal set in the center and more crystals on the background for some winter bling.

Crystal doorknob. 

The stars scattered around the topper was what it needed to pull it all together as without the stars this topper would be a bit more boring.


I used the following Crafter's Edge die cuts to make this topper:


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. wintery and wonderful, its so darn cute. I just love the gingerbread house, its very inviting and the snowflake is very intricate. Its something that I would only attempt if I had a die cut. stars are something I use all year round so those are handy. great job and it looks really good as a table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet winter table topper, Daryl! It is a breeze to cut with dies. Especially if they are intricate. We’ve come a long way from the days of having to trace shapes at the window or with the bulky homemade light box. Ha! I love that I can cut fabric with my paper crafting dies. Double duty and all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Batiks are my favorite too, Daryl, and this is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable, Daryl! It must have taken an eternity to blanket stitch that snowflake but it looks gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with me for TGIFF! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...