Wednesday, December 29, 2021

2 Neck Pillows

A few months ago I made a couple of neck pillows. The reclining chair I sit in came with a flat pillow that attaches to the back of the recliner, but it didn't feel right or offer neck support. In fact, I felt like my head was pushed forwards in an awkward position. I took that pillow off the recliner, but it didn't help or feel comfortable at all. 

Then along came Sew4Home Newsletter in my inbox one day with these 30-Minute Therapeutic Neck Pillows that looked like just the ticket. It's just another great FREE tutorial from Sew4Home. (Be sure and sign up for their newsletter). I made one and loved it and made a another one for Mr. P., although he preferred his travel pillow, so I use the second one in bed when I am lying down and reading because it supports my neck and feels so good.

The first one I made in a soft cotton flannel fabric and the second one I made in a lightweight denim fabric. The flannel is soft and warm, so I will probably switch to using the denim in the warmer Spring & Summer months as my neck will be too hot with the flannel. But these are so fast and easy to make, it isn't a problem to make more than one.

These pillows are a fun dog-boned shaped pillow, which is great because no matter how you grab it and put it behind your neck, it is always in the right position.

The neck pillow in flannel. The ribbon at the sides is for grabbing on and it really is helpful to have the ribbon.

This is the lightweight denim version. I used a Twill tape for the ribbon.

Both together side-by-side.
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. those are adorable, you are so right, not all neck pillows work well. I'll have to try making one when I can finally get back to sewing. great job as always. Free pattern, got to love it.
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I need one of those. Did you use regular polyfil?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...