Saturday, October 24, 2020

Brookfield Cross Body Bag with Faux Cork & Painted Textured Fabric

I wanted to make another Brookfield Bag (the others I made in the past had sold). Last year I was playing around with some Shiva Paintstiks in Metallic and Rubbing Texture Plates and created some small pieces of fabric. I wanted to use those fabric pieces in a bag someday, but wasn't sure what bag and if I would have enough of the painted fabric. So I was looking at my patterns one day and I measured the Brookfield and it would work! Yay! I paired it with cotton-looking cork fabric and made a matching Little Wallet to match. I am quite pleased how this bag turned out.

The bag measures 11" wide x 7" high.



I added a back zippered pocket to the bag.

Inside is a divided pocket that fits a pen on each side and the wallet fits perfectly in the center pocket.




If you would like to purchase this bag, contact me. This bag sold at a craft show 11/21

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and I love the pocket for a pen...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you made that fabric??? what is it a muslin piece of fabric or a black colored fabric? that is amazing and its perfect for this purse. the fabrics compliment each other perfectly. what a one of a kind purse, great job.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had demo's on the Shiva Paint sticks at guild years ago, it looked fun. But I never allowed myself to get into another thing!! So I am happy to see you found a use for your fabric! You really do need to show us your closet full of bags!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...