Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Zippy Cross Body Bag

This is the Zippy Cross Body Bag that I made on commission last year for a quilt friend. It was a kit that had the pattern and some fabric with it. The problem was there was no indication as to what fabric went to what piece, so I had to do my best at figuring it out and I also wanted to place the fabrics in a pleasing way. I did have to use my own fabric inside the zippered pocket on the inside pocket as I didn't have enough of any of the fabrics left to use. It came out rather patchwork looking, which I like, but also because I had to use what was available of the fabrics given to me. The strap was made from all the leftover pieces that I sewed together in order to make the strap.


2 zippered pockets on the front of the bag.


The back of the bag.

The recessed zipper I used 2 different fabrics.

A divided slip pocket and a zippered pocket inside.




This bag turned out nicely. I can make more because she gave me the pattern to keep.
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. You did a great job under poor circumstances. I don't often buy kits but I've read a lot of blogs where the kit didn't have enough fabric for the project. I'd say you did a good job using all the available fabric. 8 fabrics (if I counted correctly) seems a lot for such a small bag. But I do like the overall design of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! I love how it looks patchworky!! And I love the zippers. Very cute pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice decorative touches, glad you were able to work everything out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking bag, especially with those yellow zippers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...