Saturday, August 1, 2020

Reduced Jade Bag

I reduced the size of the Jade Bag (from Moments by) so that it now measures 11" wide x 9 1/2" high x 3 1/2" deep. The original size measures 12" wide x 10 1/2" high x 4 1/2" deep.

The pretty Hawaiian hibiscus print is a batik fabric. I added a back zippered pocket because I felt this bag really needed an outer pocket. Inside has both a divided slip pocket as well as a zippered pocket. The strap is 2 fabrics which adds interest. It is a shoulder bag so the strap is fixed, but could easily be made with an adjustable strap. The first Jade I made I did make with an adjustable strap.






Zippered closure is recessed.

Slip pocket with several divisions and the back pockets are slightly dimensional.


Outside zipper pocket inside,


Just listed this bag in my Etsy Shop.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. How totally coincidental about the fabric today! I like this rather subdued print, too, but then I like the hibiscus flower in general. I have two real plants, one that's almost thirty years old (!) and another that is a cutting from the first plant. The latter just bloomed yesterday.

    For a reduced size, this bag looks plenty big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ... pretty fabric with the perfect co-ordinates make for a wonderful bag!
    Happy Quilting! (and bag making!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the print placement of the flower is perfect. the fabric choice is so nice, it would feel like a mini vacation ever time you use the purse. love the look of it and the functionality of it as well. great job
    tara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...