Thursday, February 28, 2019

Brandt's Blvd. Wallet in Turquoise & Purple

I made this Brandt's Blvd. wallet (ChrisW Design pattern) last year. I have been using this wallet for myself for a few months now. I love this wallet. It has plenty of space for cards, a phone, cash, coins and more. Use it as a wallet in a purse or alone with the detachable wrist strap. I made this one in batik and hand dyed fabric.

The wallet when closed measures 7 ¼” wide x 4 1/4” high x 7/8” deep.

I added a snap closure to my wallet. You can add a thumb catch closure as the pattern instructs you to do, but I have a ton of these pearly snaps and they are easy to install, so that is what I prefer to use.

Here she is without anything inside. Card slots on the left and ID slot on the right (this can be made with a clear plastic window, but I prefer fabric because it's easier to remove my ID when I need to show it. The zippered pocket is for coins or other items. Behind the zippered pocket is a slip pocket and behind that is another slip pocket. You can place your cash in one and your phone in the other pocket. There is another large slip pocket behind the card slots too. Lots of pockets to hold all your wallet needs.

Here is a photo showing the 2 slip pockets for cash and phone.

Opened up to show the back.

Folded and closed showing the back of the wallet.
I have made a few of these Brandt Blvd. wallets before, but never one for me.  Here is the first one I made and tested. Here is another one I made to match the Daryl's Drive Bag I also made. Christine has several wallet patterns and I have made them all. I was using the Pick a Pocket wallet I made and tested years ago and I love that wallet too. Both wallets are great and I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite.
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. It does look like it would be a great little wallet. Lots of nooks and crannies to tuck things into. I like the colors and fabrics you chose to use on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a really nice size wallet and the strap makes it so easy to carry. i like that it has so many compartments. its perfect for those occasions when you only need to take the bare minimum. well done.
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. I'm going to try to make a wallet one of these days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...