Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mistake Rib Knit Scarf

I knit this scarf with a stitch called the mistake rib. I like how this stitch does lay flat and doesn't curl like the other knit 2-purl 2 rib scarf I made in black yarn recently that stilled curled even after blocking it. This is an easy stitch to knit. It's a multiple of 4+3. You just k2, p2 to the last 3 stitches and then knit 2, purl 1. Just repeat on every row and that's it. The scarf was knit extra wide and and the yarn is a sport weight so it took a long time to make because after hours of knitting, I only had knit about an inch or so. Not sure how many hours the entire scarf took, but I would knit 3-4 hours on it every night for a few weeks, while watching movies on dvd or Netflix.





Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Looks so warm and comfy! It is really snowing here so I could use something like that now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful scarf Daryl! I finished one with a very thick wool, but I am not very pleased with it. I will post it one day... maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice and warm. I think I have that sort of stiches pattern some where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just downloaded the pattern for a mistake stitch scarf the other day. I think it looks very warm, a necessity for the frigid weather we're experiencing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Daryl, this is another fabulous scarf and I really like how you knotted/tied the last photo:) Every time I see your knitting project, I just wish I could knit:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks so warm and cozy. I could spend hours searching different shops for fabric with that to keep me warm LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...