Sunday, January 4, 2015

Bunny Gift Tags/Ornaments

I made some Christmas gift tags that can be also be used an ornaments. These cute bunnies (rabbits) are a pattern from Michelle of Raspberry Rabbits that she sells on Craftsy. These are all made using wool and embroidery stitches. They got a bit wonky around the edges because I decided to zigzag around the tags about 3 times, so the edges were no longer real crisp. I might do the edges differently if I make any more.
I put this tag on the gift I gave my daughter. She has a real black (boy) bunny and I knew she would like this and she did! I didn't want to embroider a face on this one.
I made 6 tags in all. 3 boys and 3 girls. The tag at the top in the middle I added a yarn loop to hang on the package and the tree later. I did that to all of these as I put them on the packages.
I used an old felted sweater for the background of this tag.
The aqua sweater on this bunny was an old sweater that felted a little.
The background plaid wool was some wool yardage I had.
The background chevron wool came from some yardage I had. I cut his coat out of a plaid fabric, so it looks like a belt.
  Pin It Now!

15 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! I think I would have to start making gift tags now in order to have them ready for next Christmas. I can just picture a tree filled with bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before reading I thought you were preparing for Easter. Double duty maybe, eh? These are so adorable. I love that you used actual sweaters in their construction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really adorable! I always think I'm going to make some sort of awesomely great tags for my gifts, but inevitably I run out of time and just use the cheap stick on labels :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable gift tags, Daryl. No one will throw these gift tags away. They could be used as bag tags, amongst other things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! I love that you used wool for the background and coats. I must say that the one with the belt is my favourite although they all are charming. Very inspiring! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are too cute. I like the idea someone above had of filling a whole tree with them! I could also see them on display in January for winter but not Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. I couldn't email you a personal reply because you are a no-reply.

      Delete
  7. Your tag/ornaments are so cute! It's so nice to have the memories of clothing worn and now has another use. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the cutest little rabbit tags I have EVER seen! So precious! Thanks for sharing where you got the pattern also. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Heather. I couldn't email you personally because you are a no-reply.

      Delete
  9. Awww! So cute! Love all the little details. Such a sweet gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are super cute and I never thought to make tags from fabric and a must try for sure:) TFS
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so adorable and they are a gift in themselves. Another good idea from you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those tags are adorable. Great job as always

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daryl you are making me wish I had more hours in my day!!! THese are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you for stopping by to comment. If you do not hear back from me via email, then you are a no-reply and I cannot reply because you do not have your email address listed in your settings. I do appreciate every comment. Thank you so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...