Wednesday, July 24, 2024

The Allure Bag with Decorative Stitches on the Flap

I was contacted to make a custom bag for a woman who has purchased other bags from me before. She wanted the Allure Bag (she bought this Allure bag from me a while ago), but she wanted it to have decorative stitches on the flap like this Fiona's Freeway bag I made that she also bought from me awhile back. The Allure bags that I have made are all made at 85% from the original Allure bag size, because after testing The Allure, I found it to be rather large, but at 85% it is a nice size.

The Allure is a ChrisW Design bag. I have tested bags for Christine for over 10 years now and she has the best instructions and really great way of sewing certain things too. So I did sew a few things like other bags I have tested for Christine. I added a zipper overlay on the inside zipper pocket and I quilted the bottom of the bag too, like Christine now does in some of her bags, but the instructions for the Allure doesn't have a quilted bottom or zipper overlay, but it does have her signature hidden phone pocket on the back of the bag.

 The original Allure measures 13 1/2" at the widest point x 10 1/2" at the base x 10" high x 6" deep, whereas the reduced 85% size I made here is approximately 11 1/4" at the widest point x 8 3/4" at the base x 8 1/2" high x 5" deep.

Decorative machine stitches, rickrack, buttons, crystals and hand French knots.

back side
The back side of the bag. I used purple batik and faux cork (cotton fabric).

First time adding a flip lock closure too. I usually do a magnetic snap, but I got some flip locks on sale and wanted to try it.

Flap up


Inside slip pocket
I added a divided slip pocket with 2 pen pockets on the sides. The lining is a batik fabric too.

Zipper pocket inside with vinyl overlay
Zipper pocket with a vinyl overlay.

hidden phone pocket
Hidden phone pocket on the back.

Quilted bottom of bag
Quilted bottom.

Side view
View from the side.

Inside view
Vinyl zipper overlay in pink.

Adjustable strap to wear across body or on shoulder.

She should be receiving this bag by Saturday. I did show her these photos, but there is nothing like seeing it in person.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. i really like the closure. your colors and embellishments really pop. great job as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...