Saturday, July 27, 2024

Sew Powerful Purse #143 (2024)

I made this purse with a stencil of an African woman. It is not the first one I made like this with a stencil, but I cannot find the first one 😜so it must be buried deep in one of the bags of kits I made. I did stencil several flaps with this stencil and some others stencils too.

The background I used the cut off end of a head of lettuce and stamped all over the fabric first with that. The lettuce end looked like a flower to me. Then I used the stencil over that. I am not as wild about how this one turned out because the background stamping and the stencil seemed to overwhelm each other. So lesson learned there. The other backgrounds I did were much better. I do love this stencil though.

Lettuce end used as a stamp for the background. I added crystals as a necklace. A few French knots and straight embroidery lines on her head wrap too. 

Back side
Back side of purse.

flap up
I like the paisley print. It is a lightweight canvas material.


Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. lovely, I like the embellishments. whoever gets this bag will be thrilled. the stencil worked out well, very creative of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea -- using a lettuce for a background stamp -- even if it turned out differently than you imagined. The purse looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh — you used a head of LETTUCE for stamping your background fabric?! That is so wildly creative; I love it! And I love the layered effect of the stamped background with the stencil design, even if it’s different from what you envisioned it’s still very effective and striking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...