Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Sew Powerful Purses #144-147 (2024)

I bought a New Mexico State panel fabric a few years ago. The panel had a couple of sizes of these panels with the maps and the state outline with the roadrunner (our state bird) on them. I decided to make purse flaps with the panels. I made 2 of each of the panels, adding more fabric to bring the panels to the required flap size. I used a lavender canvas-like fabric for the purse bodies. I will put a couple in the gift shop to see if they sell first and donate the money to Sew Powerful if they sell or donate the purses to a few Zambian girls if they don't sell. Time will tell what will happen. Either way it's a win-win for Sew Powerful.


flaps up
The flap lining fabric was a jewel print that was donated to me, so I used it for the lining as the jewels were large and would have been cut off no matter what I used them for.

back with pocket
I added a slip pocket on the back side of the purses too.



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful surprise to have the inside flap be so exciting. great idea, every part of the purse is special

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten quite a collection made up! Hope they sell!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...