Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Clear Project Bags & Portable Pockets Too!

Here are some project bags that I made a few months ago. One was for myself and one for a friend. I enlarged the size of the project bag by Rosie & David patterns (Rosie's Art Studio) because I wanted a larger bag for myself and wanted to make sure it worked before making another one for my friend. It turned out great! So here they are.

This was my project bag that I enlarged a bit.

I love this bottom of this project bag as it stand up like a tote bag, but when you pull the bottom sides it flattens the bottom, making it easier to store when not in use.

Here is the folded flattened bottom.

This is the enlarged project bag that I made for my friend.

I filled it with yarn I had to show how much it can hold.

The back side of her bag.


I had some leftover fabric, so I made all 3 sizes of Portable Pockets (Around the Bobbin pattern) to match the project bag. Portable pockets are great to have to carry those little items in that could get lost in a large bag or when you just need extra pockets for your bag.

The 3 sizes of Portable Pockets showing the front sides with them unzipped to see the linings.

Zipped closed here.

Backside of the Portable Pockets have divided mesh pockets, but for the smallest size I added a Kam snap because I felt the pocket was too small to sew and divide the pocket in half. The snap makes it easier to get your hand inside to retrieve your small item. I added a small rivet at the top of the larger PP where the pockets are divided in 2.


The large project bag I first made is on the left and then I enlarged the large size to create an extra large size that is on the right for comparison.


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! The next time I make project bags I need to add a plastic window for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a great size and I love the little zips with the project bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...