Monday, October 2, 2023

Sew Powerful Purses #137-163 (2023)

These purses were sewn during the Sew Powerful Sew-a-thon (SAT) & Fundraiser during the whole month of September. I completed 118 purses for the SAT and I still have 4 more days to sew. I beat my total from last year, which I completed 116 purses. I didn't have a goal, but sewed as many as I could. So at the end of the day on Saturday I will see how many more purses I have completed for the SAT and will post them and let you know my final total completed just in September. I hadn't sewn many purses earlier this year as I was so busy cutting and making purse kits up in advance because I knew I wanted to have more than I could sew on hand, just in case. Will finish more purses after the SAT, but probably won't sew any in October, just to take a break.

 



More flower panels.








I sewed this raw edge and lots of quilting to hold it all together. It turned out kind shabby chic style. Added ribbons the label from husband's denim jeans and a few belt loops too. And since the label says Urban Star,  I added a doubled stacked star button too.


The back side doesn't have a pocket, but I had a leftover quilted piece that I die cut out a heart to appliqué onto the back instead.









I added a hexagon flower and the embroidered little flower I added to cover up a small frayed part of the jean pocket.




These and the ones below were scraps leftover from making 2 custom tote bags (Dancing Diamond Gem Bags). I add more fabric strips as needed for each one and use a blue and white polka dot batik fabric that I have had for years for the body of the purses. I bought the rest of that bolt of batik because it was only $1 per yard back then on clearance. I think I finally have used it all up, except for a few tiny scraps.




Closeup of the flower sewn buttons.

I sewed these buttons on differently for fun.



Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. These are all so much fun!! I'm glad you were able to "outdo" yourself this year!! Thanks for sharing them with Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...