Sunday, October 29, 2023

Star Wars Panel Quilt: Rey & BB-8

This is a fabric panel from the Star Wars movies, featuring Rey & BB-8. I wanted to add a border and quilt it and then donate this to Project Linus. It sat for a long time until I decided what border to make. At first I thought of making wonky stars for the border. I made one wonky star block and didn't like it enough to make more. I think because I used tans, blues and reds in the wonky star and it would have looked too distracting around this panel. I decided to sew free form crumb style blocks using neutral tans, but I added a red center square to each for some interest. I am happy with the outcome of this quilt. 

I like how Rey is a strong female in the movie and I think this will make a great Project Linus donation to a young girl.

The quilt measures 45.5" wide x 52" high.



BB-8.


Flannel back showing serpentine quilting
The back of the quilt is mostly flannel (I added strips of the blue binding fabric too as I didn't have enough of the flannel). I quilted it using a serpentine stitch on a diagonal.

Close up of one of the crumb style border blocks
Close up of the crumb style quilt block in the border. It is a great way to use up all sizes of fabric scraps.

May the Force be With You!




Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. how fun is this, a better role model than Barbie. love the panel and how added a wonderful border. great job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great panel and the border you added is perfect, along with the curvy lines quilting! I know a fortunately PL recipient will love it! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...