Monday, October 30, 2023

Perfectly Clear Bag

The Perfectly Clear Bag by ChrisW Designs is available now for purchase! There is a full video tutorial too (video link in pdf pattern). 

🧵🪡Introductory Offer – 20% Off - NO CODE NEEDED - One Week only🧵🪡 (Sale Ends Midnight Monday 6th November Australia Eastern Standard Time)
The links are:

Here is my Perfectly Clear Bag that I tested for Christine. It can be made with clear vinyl or a patterned clear vinyl or a combination, or all solid vinyl too. This was my first time using a patterned clear vinyl. I like how many patterns are out there now. Some prints of see-through vinyl are a bit busy and I wanted just a hint of a pattern to make this bag, so I chose this vinyl with a colorful hatch markings on it. Plenty see-through enough.

Bag measures 9 ½” Wide x 7 ½” High x 3” Deep.

Made with clear printed vinyl for the pockets and a solid vinyl for the bottom of the bag.

I used webbing for the handle and added a decorative stitch in a variegated soft pink thread. I like how it looks. There are D-rings I added in case I wanted to add the optional cross body strap later on. But I think I will use this bag for small knitting or sewing projects.

These yarn skeins fit into the front zipper pocket. There is another zip pocket on the back side, so 2 zipper pockets to hold plenty of stuff for a relatively small bag.

Close up of the pattern on the vinyl.

Back of the bag is the same as the front.

This was the first all vinyl bag I have ever made. I have used a clear vinyl window with cotton fabrics for making project bags before, but all vinyl was a first for me and while it wasn't too difficult to sew, I could use with some more practice! The other testers made some absolutely incredible bags with their vinyl choices! They have all sewn with vinyl much more than I have.

This bag can be made with all solid vinyl or cork or leather and not clear vinyl if you want to also. On Christine's blog you can see her solid vinyl bag too. Plus, check out all of the testers bags too. They are really gorgeous!!! 



Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I love the vinyl that you picked for your bag the best but, you are right, they are all very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this email from Chris yesterday and I was intrigued by the vinyl! I had no clue they made patterned vinyl!! I really love the one you chose as it looks sparkly!! Great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These clear bags are so handy. you did a really nice job and the shape with the boxy bottom gives you plenty of space.
    great job as always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I appreciate every one. If you do not hear a reply back from me, it could be that you are a no-reply, or that Google/Blogger has changed something (again!) making it impossible to respond back to you. If you want a reply because you asked a question, please fill out the Contact Form located on the right side of the blog and I will respond to you that way. Thank you for stopping by! I was forced to add comment moderation due to huge number of SPAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...